NOW HIRING! Email us at [email protected] for information
We are thrilled you will be staying at Big Creek Lodge—a beautiful, non-profit operation built by the Idaho Aviation Foundation (and people like you) for the public to enjoy! Here’s some information that will help you prepare for your stay. By proceeding with the reservation, you accept and agree with Big Creek Lodge that the reservation, if accepted by us, shall be on the terms and conditions as follows:
GENERAL-WHAT TO EXPECT
• You will be off the grid! Big Creek has no public utilities which means you get to disconnect from the real world. Enjoy your trip by embracing what we don’t have! For example, we have no landline or cellular phone services, and there is no television (although there are plenty of books, board games, and the occasional movie nights on the lawn!). Our internet is very limited, and is primarily for lodge business use. Guests may use the internet in the evening for low intensity browsing (that means streaming video and data hungry apps like YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, etc will not work at the Lodge).
–We generate electricity from our own hydroelectric system from tiny McCorkle Creek near the lodge. At peak performance, it generates about 4.5 kw of power for the entire lodge. For perspective, a hairdryer uses over 1.0 kw!! Therefore, we ask that you leave your hairdryer at home. It’s part of the charm of Big Creek! In addition, electricity in the rooms may have some power surges; we encourage you to use the surge protected power strips for your devices.
• Big Creek Lodge is a unique experience and is a once-in-a-lifetime event for some guests. Part of the fun is in meeting new people who are just as fascinating as you are! We depend on our guests to respect one another and behave in a way for all guests to fully enjoy their visit.
• Your Hosts take pride in making your visit a happy and memorable one. They are responsible for everything at the site and may not be available when you want something. We hope you’ll understand the demands on their day. Part of the lodge’s aura comes from it only being possible because of generous donors and volunteers from the public. You could make your mark by helping out a little, or even donating while you are here! If not, that’s fine too, and we hope you enjoy your visit thoroughly.
•Tipping is a personal choice! If you truly enjoyed your visit, you may wish to show your appreciation with a cash tip. Some have asked what amount is appropriate, and a general rule of thumb is 10% of your bill; but is not expected, and the staff will appreciate a heartfelt “thank you” as well!
RATES AND PAYMENT
• Rates are in US Dollars
• The minimum age to reserve a room is 18.
• Rates for the Lodge rooms include up to 2 breakfasts/room/night, use of mountain bikes/fishing gear, access to “Big Creek Feats” activities, etc. If you wish, a sack lunch or breakfast can be arranged to help you explore the area—please request this upon check in or well ahead of time. Should you opt to skip your breakfast we will not be able to refund the value to you…so plan to eat hearty and healthy!
The Yurt rate is for each night. If meals and/or showers are desired, they can be purchased (and enjoyed!) at the Lodge.
• The maximum number of guests per Lodge room is 2 adults + 1 child (under 10 years old). The Kif Brown Yurt at Big Creek has a maximum of 8 guests per night and is booked per person (Hostel style).
• When completing a reservation via phone or online, your credit card will be charged for the full amount of your reservation, and a confirmation email will be provided to you.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIME
• Check-in time is after 2:00 pm and checkout time is 10:30 am. It is common and encouraged for guests to arrive before room check-in time, which is especially helpful for pilots flying in. If you arrive early, your bags can be stored and you may enjoy breakfast (served ‘til 10:00 am) and/or the Lodge facilities until your room is available.
• Checking in after 6 pm is possible, but we ask that you coordinate evening arrivals with the staff prior to arrival. The Hosts have many duties on the site and off the site, so they may not be around if you show up after dinner.
• A valid government-issued identification is required at check-in. You will be asked to provide a credit card number to have on file for incidentals.
• Late checkouts might be accommodated; please inquire with the staff upon check-in if you think you need it. A $25 late departure charge may be incurred but will be discussed with you prior to charging your credit card.
• As a non-profit lodge with a very short visitor season, every reservation plays a critical role in helping cover costs. We understand that ‘life happens’ though, and flying weather, road access issues, or even COVID may require a cancellation.
• If you need to cancel and we are able to re-book your room, we will gladly refund your cancelled reservation OR
• We will gladly rebook you for a future date OR
• If the reason for cancelling is unavoidable due to reasons beyond your control, we may refund your payment.
Note: In all cases of refunds, the refund will be less a $25 rebooking cost (this helps cover credit card fees, reservation system fees, and the time involved to make the adjustments). If we cannot re-book your room, we will make efforts to work out some options for you, but in some instances, we may not be able to refund your reservation.
• Big Creek Lodge may, at its discretion, cancel the reservation if we have reason to believe the reservation information provided is falsified or incomplete.
• In the event you complete a booking based on a rate that has been incorrectly posted, we reserve the right to correct the rate, and will contact you directly in order to do so.
• Big Creek Lodge knows some guests love to travel with their pets, and we welcome well-behaved, quiet dogs, but reserve the right to have them excluded if their behavior is disruptive to others’ lodge experience or causes damage to the property. Pets are prohibited in the lodge dining room and kitchen.
- • A one-time $25 non-refundable fee will be charged per room. The pet owner will be held responsible for cleaning up after the pet and for any damage caused by the pet.
- • A one-time $25 non-refundable fee will be charged per party when staying at the yurt. The pet owner will be held responsible for cleaning up after the pet and for any damage caused by the pet.
Some guests are allergic, apprehensive or simply do not enjoy dogs like you might, so for the safety and comfort of all guests and pets alike, you should keep your pet on a leash on the Big Creek Lodge site (and for heaven’s sake, at the Airstrip as well, for their and aircraft/human safety). Please be responsible and clean up after your pet; we will be happy to provide doggy do-do bags if you need them!
• You agree to indemnify and hold Big Creek Lodge harmless in respect of any liability, loss, damage, cost and expense of any nature arising out of, and/or in connection with the acceptance or cancellation of the reservation by the Lodge.
• Big Creek Lodge may amend and/or otherwise change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the lodge or yurt.